A head torch is a really useful item to take night hiking or on cycle tour. I first bought one for my 100km 24 hour walks, so I know they are good in the dark and don’t eat up batteries too quickly. They are useful for hands free stuff like riding in the dark, setting up camp, collecting fire wood, navigating etc. They usually have three settings for brightness so you can adjust to conditions and manage your battery life accordingly. You can use it like a normal torch too so you can save weight by bringing only this and your front light. Worth every penny!
Petzl Tikka Headlamp LED Head Torch
Simple and compact, the tikka headlamp offers 200 lumen brightness and a wide beam. With its long burn time, it is practical for outdoor activities like camping or trekking, or for travelling, and also for daily activities and projects around the house. The phosphorescent reflector helps you find it in the dark, and the red lighting prevents members of a group from blinding each other. Tikka is a hybrid headlamp that is also compatible with the core rechargeable battery.
- Compact and lightweight: only 86g
- Long burn time
- Simple to use, thanks to its single button with which to quickly and easily select the lighting mode
- Three lighting modes: proximity, movement and distance vision
- Red lighting preserves night vision and stealth, and prevents members of a group from blinding each other
- Phosphorescent reflector is useful for locating the lamp in the dark
- Tikka is a hybrid headlamp: it comes with three standard batteries, and is also compatible with the core rechargeable battery